| Sub Status
Drachenwald ILoI dated 2023-11-11
DRACHENWALD HERALD TRIBUNE Volume 25, Issue 11 (November 2023, A.S. LVII)
To all wise and fair gentles who assist our Kingdom with commentary, and everyone reading these words, send Seijka Edelweiss and Anna Albion their greetings!
- Commentary on the submissions in this letter is due on the 27th.
- This month's Letter of Intent (LoI) will be assembled by the end of the month.
- Please send all submissions to Edelweiss Herald. Submissions received and confirmed paid by the end of the month will make it to next month's letter.
- Please send content to the DHT to Albion Herald.
Drachenwald Heraldic Hour 27.11.2023
We will have an online meeting for College of Heralds business and various topics. The next meeting will be held on Tuesday the 27th. The topic for this meeting is an overview of the various SCA name types and the basics of documentation and registration more specifically of Personal names.
Please see the Kingdom Calendar (https://drachenwald.sca.org/events/calendar/) for local time and the link for attending the meeting.
- All are welcome!
- The class will be in English.
DHT Society Pages
- There are many interesting classes related to our area at Kingdom University this weekend the 10th-12 of November, see you there!
Tidings from the previous month
Albion Herald has published the Drachenwald LoI dated [2023-10-29].
The following submissions were forwarded to Laurel:
- Benedikta Ingasdotter - New Name
- Fiora da Pavia - New Name & New Device
- Hugh De Belesduna - New Device
- Mallymkun Rauði - New Badge
- Memorantia van de Linde and Dubhghall mac Ébhearáird - New Badge
- Unikankareen Kaarina - New Name & New Device
The following submissions were returned for further work:
Rule changes from the LoAR (Letters of Acceptances and Returns
All letters can be found at https://heraldry.sca.org/loar/. Under each month one can find the Cover Letter as well as Acceptances, Returns, and Pends. We particularly recommend checking out "CL summary in PDF" among the Cover Letter links.
1: Agnes Dyer -New Name (NP)
Submitter desires a feminine name.
Sound most important.
Language/Culture most important.
Agnes is an English female given name from th 12th century. It can be found in A dictionary of English surnames by R. M. Wilson, Percy H Reaney under the name Agnes. (
[ www.google.com ] )
Dyer is an English occupational byname as per SENA appendix A (https://heraldry.sca.org/sena.html#AppendixAEnglishWelsh)
There is an example of a Henry le Dyer from 1327 on p. 147 of "Oxford Dictionary of English Surnames" by Reany and Wilson the revised edition, 1997
2: Katla Vetrliðadóttir -New Name (NP) & New Device
Vert, a fox sejant and on a chief rayonny Or three pheons inverted vert.
The following changes are allowed: necessary grammar corrections
Katla is a female given name listed in Geir Bassi p. 12 as found in the
Vetrliðadóttir is a patronymic byname formed by combining Vetrliði, a
male given name listed in Geir Bassi p. 16 as found in the Landnámabók, in its
genitive form Vetrliða, with -dóttir, 'daughter' as described in GB p.
3: Tomas Kurittu -Resub Device
OSCAR finds the name registered exactly as it appears in March of 2021, via Drachenwald.
Argent, three mullets voided and interlaced vert.
Yours in Service,
Seijka Waldemarsdotter, Edelweiss Herald (internal submissions), [email protected]
Anna de Byxe, Albion Herald (external submissions), [email protected]
Registering names and heraldry in Drachenwald: http://www.drachenwald.sca.org/offices/herald/submittingnamesheraldry/
OSCAR counts 2 Names and 2 Devices. There are a total of 4 items submitted on this letter.Site News
| Sub Status