1: Ivyeinrust, Bailiwick of - New Other
OSCAR finds the name registered exactly as it appears in May of 1981, via the East.
Proposed Dates: June 29-30, 2024
- Event Steward: Brunissende Dragonette
- Deputy Event Steward: Martyn de Halliwell
- Deputy Event Steward: TBD
- Gate/registration coordinator: TBD
- Proceedings Coordinator: Lillia de Vaux
- Heraldic Classes Coordinator: Alys Mackyntoich
- Scribal Classes Coordinator: Aaradyn Ghyoot
- Social media/communication: TBD
- Webminister: TBD
- Philadelphia information/recommendations: Livia Petralia
- Royal and/or Baronial liaisons TBD
Proposed Location: The University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA (https://www.upenn.edu/about )
Campus map - including parking and local restaurants (http://www.facilities.upenn.edu/maps)
Gate fee: Adult Member Registration $ 40 prereg, $ 45 at the door
Lodging and food
We have currently negotiated a maximal cost of $ 169/night for double rooms (with lower rates for Wed/Thur/Fri.) at the Sheraton Philadelphia University City Hotel, which is one bloc from the University of Pennsylvania.
We are also looking into getting some university dorm rooms with cheaper cost
The university of Pennsylvania has a collection of excellent food truck and dining options in the area are diverse (https://drexel.edu/business-services/dining-r...)
Travel and Transportation
- Philadlephia is served by Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) (https://www.phl.org/), with connections to various forms of public transportation into the city
- PHL has a direct train to Upenn (Penn Medicine Station) or 30th Street station.
- Philadelphia has an extended public transportation system through SEPTA: https://www5.septa.org/travel/fares/
- If coming by Greyhound, ask directions to the 5th St Independence Hall Station entrance to the Market-Frankfort Line (http://www4.septa.org/maps/transit/mfl.html ). Get off at 34th street. Head south to Walnut street, and then follow the walking directions in the driving directions.
- If coming by Pan bus, ask directions to the 11th street entrance to the Market-Frankfort Line (http://www4.septa.org/maps/transit/mfl.html ). Get off at 34th street. Head south to Walnut street, and then follow the walking directions in the driving directions.
- From the WEST (as in direction, not kingdom) via 76 East - exit at 30th Street Station, at the light turn right, curve around the train station to the left. At the third light, you'll want to be in the right lane to go straight across Market Street. Turn right onto Walnut Street - after 33rd, start looking for a parking spot or follow directions to the parking lot of your choice (http://www.facilities.upenn.edu/maps/parking/parking-garag... recommended)
- From the EAST (as in direction, not kingdom) via Benjamin Franklin Bridge to 676 West. Exit at 30th Street Station and follow directions above.
- From the SOUTH via 95 North - take 95 North to 76 West. Take exit 346 A on the left for South Street. Drive about 3 blocks on South Street, then start looking for a parking spot or follow directions to the parking lot of your choice.
- From the NORTH via 95 South - take 95 South to 676 West. Exit at 30th Street Station and follow directions above.
More on parking at Penn - http://cms.business-services.upenn.edu/parking/evening-and-weeken...
Aside from the richness of activities and sites people could chose to visit in Philadelphia, and if there is interest, we are looking into organizing a rare book visit at the Kislak Library (https://www.library.upenn.edu/kislak ) on Friday during open hours and a visit of the medieval section and armor collection (https://www.youtube.com/watch?... ) of the Philadelphia Art Museum (https://www.philamuseum.org/ )