MAIL ME my password.
| Sub Status
Drachenwald ILoI dated 2018-01-12
DRACHENWALD HERALD TRIBUNE Volume 20, Issue 1 (January 2018)
To all wise and fair gentles who assist our Kingdom with commentary, and every one reading these words, sends Mór Edelweiss her greetings!
Last month's special Internal Letters of Intent, related to suggested names and insignia for the new Grant of Arms level awards of Drachenwald, received much helpful commentary. Our thanks and appreciation!
- Commentary on the submissions in this letter is due on January 26.
- January Letter of Intent is assembled by the end of this month.
- Please send content to the next DHT to Edelweiss Herald by February 5.
Poll: Drachenwald Orders which convey Grants of Arms
It is time to vote for the names and badges of the new orders. The poll is now open and closes at midnight on the 28th of February 2018 (AS 52). The proposals can be seen on the polling site and they have also been published in February 2018 issue of Dragon's Tale. You may vote only once. You may vote for only one proposal. All members of the SCA Inc. and affiliates of any age who are resident in Drachenwald (including those resident in places where there is no organised group) during the voting period, may vote. The Kingdom Seneschal, acting for the Crown, is the arbiter of who is permitted to vote.
Vote by going to https://goo.gl/forms/7YmVF0dJa2Lgzka03 giving your name and membership number, and indicating which of the six proposals you support. If you are unable to access this Google Forms site you may vote by sending an email to the Kingdom Seneschal (firstname.lastname@example.org) specifying which proposal you support.
Tidings from previous month
Lord Stefanu de Mohac, Albion Herald, has published the Drachenwald LoI dated 2017-12-31.
The following submissions were forwarded to Laurel:
- Ava van Allecmere - Request for Name Reconsideration: Huys Uylenburgh
- Drachenwald, Kingdom of - New Heraldic Title: Marguerite Pursuivant
- Eila Joarsdotter - New Name
- Eila Joarsdotter - New Device: Per saltire gules and counter-ermine, a pantheon statant erect argent mullety gules, maintaining a halberd argent.
- Ellisa von Styra - New Name
- Ilkka ór Finnmǫrk - Resub Device: Sable, on a sinister foot erased contourny Or a goutte de sang.
- Lia de Thornegge - New Blanket Permission to Conflict: (Fieldless) A seeblatt inverted within and conjoined to an annulet argent.
- Lia de Thornegge - New Blanket Permission to Conflict: Lia de Thornegge
- Lia de Thornegge - New Blanket Permission to Conflict: Per pale indented sable semy of seeblätter inverted argent and vert mullety argent.
- Lia de Thornegge - New Blanket Permission to Conflict: Per pall inverted sable, vert and argent, three seeblatter inverted argent, argent and sable.
- Margareta Blacke - New Name Change
- Margareta Blacke - New Device Change: Azure seme de lys, a crescent argent.
- Margareta Blacke - New Badge: (Fieldless) A crescent within and conjoined to an annulet of roundels conjoined argent.
- Margareta Blacke and Maryan Blacke of York - New Household Name: Blackes houshold
- Nordmark, Principality of - New Order Name: Green Gemstone of Nordmark, Award of the
- Nordmark, Principality of - New Badge: (Fieldless) A hexagonal gemstone vert.
- Nordmark, Principality of - New Order Name: Red Gemstone of Nordmark, Award of the
- Nordmark, Principality of - New Badge: (Fieldless) A hexagonal gemstone gules.
The following submissions were returned for further work:
- Drachenwald, Kingdom of -New Badge: (Fieldless) A daisy proper.
- Margareta Blacke and Maryan Blacke of York - New Badge: Sable, two roses argent, slipped and leaved, seeded and barbed proper, conjoined at stem.
1: Anna de Normandie -New Name & New Device
Gules, in pale two breadloaves Or.
Submitter desires a feminine name.
Anna is the submitter's legal given name (proof in the package).
de Normandie is found in Aspects de la propagande religieuse by Gabrielle Bethoud (https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=DK8OQv7GNa4C) (#1), p. 176 (#2):
1570 Jehan de Normandie
The above submission has images. To view them, see the URLs below:
2: Gorm Glupe -Resub Device
OSCAR finds the name on the Drachenwald LoI of April 30, 2017 as submitted.
Sable, in pale a boar statant and a key Or and a bordure compony gules and Or.
The device was previously submitted in Drachenwald LoI 2017-04-30 (https://oscar.sca.org/index.php?action=145&id=75197) and was returned in LoAR 07-2017 (http://heraldry.sca.org/loar/2017/07/17-07lar.html#187), with identical blazon:
Gorm Glupe. Device. Sable, in pale a boar statant and a key Or and a bordure compony gules and Or.
This device is returned for lack of identifiability of the charge in chief. Commenters were unable to identify the charge as a boar, due to lack of internal detailing.
This is a redraw.
3: Jorunn Svensdotter -Resub Device
OSCAR finds the name registered exactly as it appears in September of 2014, via Drachenwald.
Per pale vert and purpure, a tree blasted and eradicated and a trimount argent.
The device was previously submitted in Drachenwald LoI 2014-06-30 (https://oscar.sca.org/index.php?action=145&id=42948) and was returned in LoAR 09-2014 (http://heraldry.sca.org/loar/2014/09/14-09lar.html#169), as Per pale purpure and vert, a tree blasted and a trimount argent.:
Jorunn Svensdotter. Device. Per pale purpure and vert, a tree blasted and a trimount argent.
This device is returned for redraw, for violating SENA A2C2 which states "Elements must be drawn to be identifiable." Commenters had difficulties identifying the tree as such.
This is a redraw and a partial redesign.
4: Margareta Blacke and Maryan Blacke of York -New Badge
OSCAR finds the name (Margareta Blacke) on the Drachenwald LoI of December 31, 2017 as submitted.
OSCAR finds the name (Maryan Blacke of York) registered exactly as it appears in August of 2002, via Drachenwald.
(Fieldless) A rose Or and a rose argent conjoined at stem, slipped and leaved, seeded and barbed proper.
This submission is to be associated with Blackes houshold
The badge was previously returned in kingdom (Drachenwald ILoI 2017-12-10 https://oscar.sca.org/kingdom/kingsingleitem.php?kingdom=14&id=81812). It was then submitted as Sable, two roses argent, slipped and leaved, seeded and barbed proper, conjoined at stem. The return was due to conflicts:
Kunegunda Henschel von Schattenberg (January of 1985 via the East):
Sable, two garden roses slipped and leaved in saltire and a chief embattled argent.
1 DC for the chief.
Katherine of Scarborough (February of 2003 via Caid):
Quarterly vert and argent, two roses argent.
1 DC for the field.
Áine Whyterose (August of 2006 via Northshield):
Per pale azure and gules, two roses slipped and leaved in chevron inverted argent.
1 DC for the field.
Correction to Badge (2018-Jan-24 03:01:13): The submitter wishes to have the badge sent forward without the joint ownership to avoid the issue with <of York> / white rose. - Mór Edelweiss
Yours in Service,
Baroness Mór inghean Bhriain, Edelweiss Herald
Submissions info: http://www.drachenwald.sca.org/content/submissions
Submissions FAQ: http://www.drachenwald.sca.org/node/144
OSCAR counts 1 Name, 3 Devices and 1 Badge. There are a total of 5 items submitted on this letter.
| Sub Status