This item was on the 05-2017 LoAR
1: Bid for 2018 Known World Heraldic and Scribal Symposium - New Other
OSCAR is unable to find the name (Bid for 2018 Known World Heraldic) , either registered or submitted.
OSCAR is unable to find the name (Scribal Symposium) , either registered or submitted.
Sponsoring Group: Barony-Marche of the Debatable Lands and Shire of Sunderoak
Event Steward: Alaric MacConnal
Reservations Clerk: Hara Kikumatsu
Scheduling Coordinator: Bronwyn nic Gregor
Heraldic Class Coordinator: Kameshima Zentarou Umakai
Scribal Class Coordinary: Antoinette de la Croix
Proceedings Editor: TBD
Hospitality Corrdinator: Odriana van der Brugge
Merchant Liaison: TBD
Sovereign and Principal Herald Liaison: Elsbeth Anne Roth
Scribal Library and Display Coordinator: Rachel Dalicieux
Webminister: Jorundr hinn Rotinn
Transportation Coordinator (field trips and reception): Robert pour Maintenant
Proposed Date: Jun 8, 2018 - Jun 10, 2018
Possible Backup Date: Jun 29, 2018 - Jul 1, 2018 (not held with the hotel)
Site: Pittsburgh Marriott North (100 Cranberry Woods Drive, Cranberry Twp, PA 16066), http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/pitno-pittsburgh-marriott-north/
Friday Meet and Greet Site: Byron and Ariella's Castle (755 Stonegate Drive, Wexford, PA 15090), https://aethelmearcgazette.com/2015/03/11/welcome-to-the-scadian-castle-in-the-debatable-lands/
Cost: The Adult Event Registration is $ 45 and Adult Member Discount Event Registration is $ 40. These registrations include the Friday Night Reception, Saturday Lunch, and light snacks at the Hospitality Suite. No other meals are included. Save $ 5 off the above by sending in your registration on or before May 31st, 2018! For those only attending on Sunday (no pre-registrations), the Adult Sunday-Only Event Registration is $ 15 and the Adult Sunday-Only Member Discount Event Registration is $ 10. Registration for all youth under the age of 18 is free.
Event Theme: Harking back to the past, the historical theme for this event is "The War of the Roses".
- Class and workshops on various heraldic and scribal topics (Saturday from 9am to 5pm, with the last class ending at 5pm, and Sunday Morning 9am to 12pm, with the last class ending at 12pm).
- Laurel Road Show (Sunday Morning from 9am to 12pm)
- Field Trips to places of interest (Friday) - some possibilities include:
- Meet and Greet at Byron & Ariella's Castle (Friday from 6:30pm to 10pm)
- Scribal Library - provide a collection of resources for scribes and others to peruse.
- Hospitality Room - Saturday and Sunday
- Possible I Genesii (Commedia) Performance Saturday Evening
- Possible Court on Saturday should Their Majesties / Their Excellencies wish to hold one
- Lunch - provided by the hotel
- Sunday - for those interested, join the Debatable Lands for their weekly practices (Archery, Thrown Weapons, Fencing, Heavy, and A&S).
Site details: For the event the hotel is offering discounted rates on their rooms as follows:
- $ 119.95 + tax / night (includes free wifi and free parking)
- $ 129.95 + tax / night (includes free wifi, free parking, and breakfast for up to 4 people)
- These rates are available up to three days early (05-Jun-2018) and up to three days after (12-Jun-2018) for those who might choose to arrive early or stay late.
- The restaurant at the hotel runs a Saturday Evening Prime Rib buffet.
The hotel is conveniently located about 30 minutes north of downtown Pittsburgh, close to the I-76 / I-79 interchange in Cranberry Township. See the website (https://www.google.com/maps/place/Pittsburgh+Marriott+North) for more information.
- The hotel does not provide free shuttle service to/from the hotel; current rates each way are about $ 30- $ 45 for Lyft/Uber, $ 44.00 + $ 9/per additional passenger for Super Shuttle. Details will be on the site website.
- Transportation will be made available to the meet and greet on Friday and to selected field trips if there is sufficient interest.
The Pittsburgh area offers lots of attractions and things to do. Whether you wish to spend time at a museum or catch a show, Pittsburgh has it all! Here is a list of some attractions along with the distance from the hotel: